UKAT Annual Conference 2022
Online 4 - 6 April 2022
Reimagining Personal Tutoring
In recent months we have adopted many new and innovative ways of supporting our students and their learning. Necessity has been the driver which has accelerated the pace of change, resulting in us quickly making changes that might ordinarily have happened over a longer period of time. Some of these changes will have had a positive effect, others may have been less successful at addressing the varying individual challenges that many students have faced. They may have produced anticipated benefits and revealed other unexpected benefits. Whatever we have tried in recent months, we have adopted new ways of doing academic advising and personal tutoring, and learned much from the experience which can help us reimagine how we do advising and tutoring in the future.
Based on our collective recent experiences, this conference will explore how we might reimagine advising/tutoring so that it is more relevant to students, more effective at helping all students and institutions to achieve their intended outcomes, and more efficient in its operation. The conference will focus on five key themes:
- Digital technology - how can our experiences of the widescale adoption of digital technology and the pivot to online learning inform the future role of technology in advising and tutoring?
- Identity – how can advising and tutoring support student and cohort identity development?
- Community – how can advising and tutoring support learning communities, and build the sense of belonging that is important to student success?
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – what role does advising and tutoring have in enhancing equality and inclusion in higher education, and in enhancing success for all students?
- Student-Centred Transformation – higher education is transformative, but how can advising and tutoring empower students and give them agency in the transformation that they experience through their education?
Delegate registration will open early in 2022.